The mission of the Upshur County Public Library is to provide modern library resources and services necessary to satisfy the evolving informational needs of the community. We must strive to both enhance the quality of life and ensure that the residents of this rural area are given as many opportunities for equal access to information and educational opportunities as residents of more prosperous, less geographically isolated, areas enjoy. We connect people with information.
Our goal is to connect people to current information in a friendly and courteous manner. We support intellectual freedom through the Library Bill of Rights.
- Ralph Oppenheim: Director
- Paul Norko, Assistant Director
- Wendy Hakes: Business Manager
- Karen Heater: Circulation Supervisor/Cataloging
- Bobbi Long: Circulation Supervisor/Children's Programming, ILL
- Becky Crites: Circulation
- Wendy Miller: Circulation
- Sarah Lee: Circulation
- Brandon Trawick: Circulation
Our Library Board
- Angie Westfall: Vice President
- Molly Campbell: Secretary
- Dennis Xander: President
- John R. Tenney: Treasurer
- Michelle Strader
The Board of Directors of the Upshur County Public Library is composed of five members serving staggered five-year terms. The members are appointed in alternate years by the Upshur County Board of Education and the Upshur County Commission. Library Board meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the library, but may be rescheduled. Board members may be contacted c/o Upshur County Public Library, 1150 Route 20 South Rd, Buckhannon, WV 26201.